Re: 8x10 transparency scanner

From: David Clark (DavidClark_@excite.com)
Date: 05/17/00-02:12:14 PM Z

The 2000xl's are just under $8k. I use them because of the speed and
because the software is AppleScriptable - I manage the imaging for a
yearbook publisher and we do an ungodly number of scans every day.

There may well be a better choice for fine art work, but finding an
affordable scanner that will do 8x10 transparencies at high res will be a
challenge. All that I have seen use a lens to gain the extra pixels and
have a reduced scan area which is rarely mentioned in the product sheet.