Platinum print stain

Vamaza@aol.com
Date: 05/18/00-07:25:12 AM Z

Wondering if anyone can provide some insight regarding the following.

I was studying a platinum print that was made in the late 70's and it had
this usual type of staining. It was a yellow orange stain which was present
only around the dark midtones and black areas. In the light midtones and
highlight areas there was no stain present. I assume it has something to do
with the ferric oxalate. The platinum should not cause such a stain, correct?
It what ways, if any, can the environment accelerate such discoloration (ex.,
being near the ocean).

Any feedback would be very helpful.

Thanks,

VMZ