Re: Desktop Negs with Epson 1270 printer

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 05/24/00-09:58:55 PM Z

FDanB@aol.com wrote:
> ... I
> thought some list members might be interested in the new Photoshop curve
> (for platinum printing) using the Epson 870, 870DC or 1270 printers.

I have found the curve to be useful for fine tuning the exposure and
development. It would be a pitfall to assume that every negative should
blindly be given the same curve (Dan likely knows this). Just as film
data for exposure and development should be customized and tweaked so
should the curve.

Thanks anyway for providing such information. The inks used in the
printers should also be noted as different inks should be expected to
transmit light differently. Another piece of associated information is
the maximum and minimum amounts of inks used as this sets the boundaries
of any curve used.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/