Re: "Capricious" and "exercise of justice" are incompatible terms..

From: Gregory Parkinson (glp@panix.com)
Date: 05/25/00-07:15:15 PM Z

At 9:01 PM -0400 5/25/00, Editor - P.O.V. Image Service wrote:
>Gregory Parkinson wrote:
>
>> I value this list as a source of information I'm
>> unlikely to find anywhere else,
>
>As do I...
>
>However, I don't expect unprovoked abuse from Thor Bohls...
>
>I asked for one of the ubiquitous "list mums" to intervene... But they have
>chosen not to..
>
>I am more than willing to cease, once Thor quits the personal
>attacks he opened...

Why? Is your self-esteem so fragile? Do you know this man? Do you
really care what he thinks about you? Do you believe that everyone on
this list holds you in low regard until you exhibit your lack of consideration
and equivalent immaturity? Do you believe the attacks are more likely
to stop if you continue to respond, or can you grasp the concept that
if you don't respond, neither can he?

>And, yes, I am the kind of guy who will not simply walk away from a fight to
>preserve the peace...

Than have a fight, not a performance. The former can be done in email,
but the latter requires an audience. In my subculture we call that being
a drama queen, and it's not a compliment.

Greg