Re: Sodium vs. Potassium Carbonate

From: Jack Fulton (jfulton@itsa.ucsf.edu)
Date: 05/27/00-08:38:26 AM Z

This run of info on the carbonates is most interesting.
My paper developer is the standard D72 mixed at home and I use the Soda Ash
(100% Sodium Carbonate) from swimming pool and hot tub sales rooms. It is the
standard low quality version of sodium carbonate and looks dirtier than the
photo version, say, sold by Kodak or, in our area, the Lauder Chemical
company. I don't notice much, if any, difference in the quality of the print.

Just to make sure I'm not being ignorant, does Sil or others have a thought on
my using this "cheaper" version?

Would potassium carbonate make ANY difference in paper developers?

Thanks
Jack Fulton