Re: Sodium vs. Potassium Carbonate

From: Sandy King (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Date: 05/29/00-05:17:13 AM Z

In a previous message I mentioned my experience substituting
potassium carbonate for sodium carbonate in several developer at same
weight and experienced with no change in characteristics of the
developer.

I have since consulted Haist. He writes that the result of much
investigation shows that in many developing formulas the two
carbonates can be substituted at equal weight freely, but that in
some formulas not! The research in question was all with M-Q
formulas. The definitive answer is ??????

Sandy King