Mona L.

The first time I saw Mona she was very approachable. You could walk right up
to within touching distance although it was under glass. The
second time it was roped off and there were a lot of japanese tourests
with cameras one had to navigate in order to get within several feet.
I understand that the Louvre is planning to move it to a special
location. Maybe it has already been moved. I wonder if they are
finally going to ban electronic flash. During the tourest season it
is almost continuously bathed in Xenon flash light. No, I didn't.
I used available light and a very fast (f 1.0) lens with a T slide
film. Had the slide scanned and had fun "restoring" the colors
in photoshop just to play around.

Bob Schramm