First carbon

Hi folks,

Thanks for all the answers and ideas about bubbles in the gelatin.
Catching up my late emails, dealing with bubbles in gelatin is apparently "en
vogue" :)
I used some of my tissue, even with bubbles, to make a first test, but ended
up with a white paper after development.
What went wrong?
Tissue:
10% gelatin
1 % sugar
1 % sumi ink

Final paper coated with 10 % gelatin unhardened

Sensitizer: 3 minutes at a 3% K dichromate solution

Dry

Exposure: 6 minutes under a 400w Mercury Vapor lamp

The final paper was put in a 25 o C tray for 5 minutes, the exposed tissue
was put in the tray with the
paper and immediately pulled out. I removed the excess of water and put the
tissue/paper under a glass plate with a 5 l water gallon on top of it for 10
minutes.
After that, the tissue/paper was put in a tray of 45 o C water and ended up
with a white paper and black hot water.

Was the exposure too short?
Should I let the exposed tissue absorb some water before putting it into
contact with the paper?

Help!!!

Joao