Re: Adurol

At 2000/10/16 01:05 AM -0200, Joao wrote:
>I came across a developer formula that uses "adurol" as a developing
>agent.
>Have you ever heard of it?
>Do you know what this is?
>The dealer where I buy chemical products has never heard of it, he
>thinks it is probably a proprietary name.

Your dealer is correct, "Adurol" is a proprietary name for
chlorhydroquinone. At one time this compound was used for warm tone
developers, but is very difficult to obtain today. There are other warmtone
developers that are easier to get, and just as good or better.

Sil Horwitz, FPSA
Technical Editor, PSA Journal
teched@psa-photo.org
silh@earthlink.net