Re: Info for a newbie

Hello Pat, and welcome to the list!

For a brief overview of alt processes, surfing the web may be the best
introduction.  Just do searches on "gum dichromate", "cyanotype", "pinhole",
etc.... and you'll find hundreds of great sites.  This website is a great
place to start:  http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg/photo/faq.html

My favorite book is THE KEEPERS OF LIGHT, by Crawford.  I also like THE GUM
DICHROMATE BOOK, by Scopick.  I recently bought a copy of A STEP-BY-STEP
GUIDE TO ALTERNATIVE PHOTOGRAPHIC PRINTING PROCESSES, edited by Barnier.
I've only started reading it, but it looks very good so far.

Best regards,
Dave Rose
Cactus Cowboy
Big Wonderful Wyoming

> Hello all,
>
> New to the list, and alt processes as well.  What books can I use to
educate myself more
> on this subject.  Are there any non technical books that I can go thru
first to get a
> base level of knowledge and then delve into the more technical(chemistry)
stuff.