Re: RES: Metol Discontinued???

I prefer the developers that use Metol (with hydroquinone, am I remembering my
constituants correctly?) instead of Phenodine, because it produces blacks that
are much more intense, improving dmax and contrast (rationality of adjacent
tonality) in that tonal range.  Like other manufacturing changes through
history, this is detrimental to many serious printmakers, and if these other
products with other names are, in fact chemically the same, it's good
information....thanks!

Robert