RE: why not small prints?

Matting indeed is important. Many of the smaller works in the
Polaroid Collection were actually presented in frames within much
larger frames, and looked good. Now, the multi-layered matts used in
Elton John's Collection, plus the heavy gilded frames got a little
too much - particularly when the image was an Edward Weston contact
print!

Sam