Re: Printmaking in the Sun

lva wrote:

 I found him via Google on
> www.printmaker.com, which, BTW, is a nice site. We should get our gum
> prints there. After all, gum printers are printmakers. We just don't
> apply that much pressure.

Interesting. To me photography and printmaking are two different things.
Printmaking involves the making of a plate, by whatever means, which is
then inked and the ink transferred to paper, by whatever means, using
pressure or not. Photography involves a negative, light-sensitive
material, and light. Gum printing is a time-honored photographic
process. There is a gallery owner who always wants to market my work as
a "combination of photography and printmaking" which I consider not only
unnecessary, but inaccurate. I have to maintain constant vigil to keep
that phrase out of her press releases and such about my work, but the
distinction is important enough to me to insist on it.
kt