Re: Negatives

Candace,

I have found that almost any panchromatic film can be used for
separation for gum - Super XX was perhaps the best for critical
mechanical work, but for gum it is overkill. I would suggest trying
the films available from PhotoWarehouse, which are identical to
Ilford films and much cheaper. They can cut to almost any size at
very reasonable prices.

On the other hand, there are all sorts of advantages of going
digital. For one thing, the printing times are short and sweet, and
very easy to establish. I have been making prints with transparencies
made on a cheap HP printer with very good results. Unfortunately the
size is limited to just 8x10 or so, unless you splice them together.
You might try using any old inkjet in your office and see if it will
give you good enough negatives before investing in something
expensive.

Hope this helps.

Sam Wang