Re: salted paper and Arches Platine

Because I have struggled with this issue I'll throw my
two-cents in here and agree that this sounds like the
sensitizer is soaking into the paper too much.  I had
trouble with this problem until I began floating
papers to size (corn starch+salt) and sensitize, which
seems to have cleared it up.  However, I did try a
watercolor paper that seemed too absorbant and showed
wetting on the top side while floating in the size, it
didn't produce good prints.  I have not used platine
but have had success with other standard printmakers
papers.  (BTW, floating in sensitizer is primarily to
prevent unevenness due to brush strokes in the final
print - the only way I have found to accomplish this.
I suspect it doesn't have much of an effect on the
other problem.)

David Barker