Re: Soemarko LC-1 Failure of solution A ingredients to dissolve.

Hi:

In my experience the ingredients of LC-1 solution A do not dissolve
immediately, it usually takes about 10 minutes for everything to dissolve.

Are you using distilled or deionized water? I do.

Gord

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001 JMM1987@aol.com wrote:

> I am using LC-1 for the first time on Arista Ortho Litho.  I mixed up
> Solution A in sequence, but noted that not everything dissolved.  I left it
> overnight and then added distilled water to make one liter.  It still didn't
> dissolve.  Solution B was fine.
>
> 1.  Should I have added each chemical and stirred until it dissolved?  I
> added each one after the other and then stirred it.
>
> 2.  Should I dump it out and start again, or can I filter it and use it?
>
> I'd appreciate any thoughts on this.
>
> John McAdam

Gordon J. Holtslander		Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca		112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg	University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433		Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461		Canada  S7N 5E2