Re: UV Article

From: Jeff Foster (jfoster@uclink.berkeley.edu)
Date: 12/06/01-06:09:00 PM Z

great stuff. nicely presented and understandable.

I just finished building my first uv printer and
the article confirms my design...mag. ballast and blb tubes
from Home depot. I have 6 tubes and looks like I can
print just under 16x20. I built the side from 1x8 pine
so I hope i have at least 3" from bulb to contact frame. hmm.

I used ready made 2 bulb fixtures and had planned to install them
as is - but the were longer than I had measured so I pull
their guts and installed the ballast and bulb pins directly in
the box. I managed to find a computer fan in a salvage bin and installed
that on the side. using wire nuts tied everything together. Used a
surplus computer ac cables, cut off the female end and attacked to the
fan/tube wiring inside a junction box. so far without tubes about $75.
tubes are $8 ea. at HD.

I can provide a pictures of the wiring if anyone is interested. all in
all the hardest part is make a box that has 90 degrees corners;-)

--
---
Jeff Foster - SDA UNIX