Re: UV Article

dsbryant@telocity.com
Date: 12/10/01-02:29:47 PM Z

Sandy,

> As I understand you are using a bare wire ground to each of the
> tubes in place of the grounded metal beneath the bulbs? I assume this
> wire is then joined to the common point that ties the ballast and
> other metal parts of the fixture?

The bare wire is positoned above the tubes. When the tubes are inserted into the bi-pin holders the bare wire comes in contact with the top of each tube. This wire is made to ground at a common point with the ballast(s). All of which (ballasts and bare wire) are extensions of the ground connection coming into the box from the AC circuit (I'm assuming that the abode has modern wiring).

When I installed this bare wire in the box my starting problems went away.

Hope this helps,

Don Bryant