Re: Ultraviolet projection

From: zby (zby@eudoramail.com)
Date: 12/10/01-09:14:09 PM Z

>This would be similar in procedure to conventional photo printing,
>enlarging thru the lens and negative , only using a 3 to 10 thousand
>watt UV light source onto dichromate sensitized papers ..?

I think the major concern would be cooling the film. Even a tiny fraction
of 10 thousand watts converted to heat will melt your film very quickly.
Very old movie theatres had projectors equipped with carbon arc lamps.
Film that jammed in these projectors burnt. (As in any other projectors,
actually). Perhaps some heat filters like those used in slide projectors
would help.
Ben