Re: uv ballast ground, yes

From: robert (robert@RobertSchaller.net)
Date: 12/11/01-03:46:09 PM Z

Sandy (et al.),

    I'm very curious about your mention that the inverse square law does not
apply to a bank of fluorescent tubes. Might you explain a bit more, or even
give the math (or a reference to it)?
    Also, I am exposing gum dichromate emulsion to a bank (so far, just two)
of F40BL bulbs (is there another that might be better?), and wonder whether
the type of balast I use makes any difference. As it is, the bulbs come on,
but I'm having some problems with the gum not hardening. It is probably not
the exposure, since I get a very readable (if faint) dichromate image, but
at this point I wonder about everything.

    Any info from anyone would be appreciated,

    Robert Schaller