Re: Ultraviolet projection through El-Nikkor lenses - Real Data

From: Ed Stander (glassact@compuserve.com)
Date: 12/12/01-05:05:45 PM Z

Folks:
  I put a relatively new El-Nikkor 210 lens in the path of my UV
spectrophotometer today, and am happy to report that the lens passes pretty
well all UV radiation above 350 nm. In Comparison, my Fuji 300mm LF lens
began to cut UV at around 400 nm, and showed strong absorption by 380 nm.
This makes sense, as plain old plate glass shows similar trends. Cheers,
Ed