Reviving old exposure frames

From: Marco Pauck (marco@pauck.de)
Date: 12/16/01-02:10:26 PM Z

I just got a bunch of old exposure frames. They obviously spent their
last decades in a dark cellar and are in a bad shape, the metal parts
are corroded, the wooden dirty (but not distorted).

Because of their bad condition and their not very attractive sizes,
I don't want to spend much time on them, therefore I'm thinking about
either throwing them away or using a brute force approach to get them
back to working condition without much hassle (e.g. spending hours
with polishing the metal parts).

Any recommendations?
Maybe there's some sort of magic fluid to simply dip the frames into? ;-)

        Marco