Re: Hello. . . ?

FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 12/18/01-12:48:55 PM Z

>> Alejandro López de Haro wrote:
>> Well not really, I am still here from a very cold Paris.

Me too!

Well, actually I am back to Grenoble, France now, and if it wasn't because
the weather was so cold, I would have believed that rapture had occurred but
that I was among the raptured.

That is to say, I had a wonderful wonderful stay at Paris last weekend!

The family who received me (whom I only met over this list before I left the
US) prepared a delicious dinner for me the night I arrived. He also showed me
his studio/darkroom, huge collection of books (though I didn't really had a
chance to really read them) and prints. He had a collection of old books
printed in Woodburytype and other old processes. He even gave me a
Woodburytype print as a souvenir! I also met "the most beautiful
photogravurist in Paris." And guess what, I also saw a color Fresson print!

I want to thank the person/family who received me and also thank the list in
general because it enabled this to happen. This is a great list!

Dave S

<< Hi to all:

 Well not really, I am still here from a very cold Paris.

 Alejandro López de Haro