Re: About that pigment test

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 12/19/01-03:47:08 AM Z

Katharine Thayer wrote:

 if this post is any indication of the typical response, it
> will be a long time before I do again.

That last phrase was unncessary and should have been deleted before
posting. This whole Scopick thing has my teeth on edge. It frustrated me
to be misunderstood, but I didn't need to let my frustration be seen.

I hope never again to be treated to the disgraceful sight of a list
member apologizing for mentioning the name of a person whose name and
work should be welcome here. Not that anyone has to agree with him; I
disagree with Scopick myself on many particulars, as I disagree with
every source on one particular or another. But disagreement does not
entitle us to disrespect, banish, or attempt to discredit those we
disagree with. We could be so great as a community; we don't need to be
this small and mean-spirited. Thank you.

kt