Re: POP exposure light source?

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 12/22/01-02:31:52 PM Z

On Sat, 22 Dec 2001, John Cremati wrote:

> As stated from a previous recent thread ( copy is below) I had
> read in "Photographic Emulsion
> Technique" by T. Baker that dicromated treated colloids are most sensitive
> to UV

My system has been beset with spam and holiday virii, so I may have missed
something here, in which case, please ignore... but my impression is that
a thread that began as subject-lined above, and stated as following:

> ... I am just beginning to use the POP process and have
> information from the Chicago Albumen Works. I do not
> want to use sunlight....are there any recommendations
> for an indoor source that is convenient and gives
> fairly consitent results? Does it have to be a UV

has turned to exposure of dichromated colloids without marking the change.
But POP is silver based. Liam Lawless says (a propos of his own home-made
POP) "exposure can be by any UV-emitting source, UV fluorescents, sun
lamps, daylight etc," which sounds for all practical purposes just like
dichromated colloids....

Can anyone say why they're so similar -- is it just coincidence, or
something more profound?

Judy