Re: Re. Increasing Film sensitivity

From: Philip Trauring (philip@trauring.com)
Date: 12/27/01-08:50:42 PM Z

This doesn't dispute your contention that film/developer combinations
are designed from the beginning, but Applied Science Fiction, the
company that created the Digital ICE scanning software, has designed
a machine that can develop film without a chemical developer. The
call it aptly enough a 'dry film process'. Basically the film is
scanned by the machine and output to a CD or other digital media
without ever creating a negative.

Just thought it was interesting. The web page about this technology is at:

http://www.appliedsciencefiction.com/products/pic/

Philip