Re: cyanotype toning & IR pinhole problems

From: Marco Pauck (marco@pauck.de)
Date: 06/02/01-09:41:23 AM Z

heather hyatt wrote:
[...]
> my second question is that i shot kodak IR 4X5 film
> in my pinhole camera. i taped the filter to the
> inside, used a tripod, had a good exposure of about 20
> secs BUT my negatives are fuzzy....even for pinhole.
> does anyone have any suggestions?

Note that IR has a longer wavelength than visible light
(depending on the filter you've used, maybe nearly two times).

You have to take this into account when computing the
appropriate diameter of your pinhole.

BTW: Kodak HSI went out of production recently ... :-(
The only other 4x5 IR film available now is Maco IR820c.

        Marco

--
Marco Pauck -- marco@pauck.de -- http://www.pauck.de/marco/
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple,