Re: Black Spots in Ziatype

From: Neal Oshima (noshima@evoserve.com)
Date: 06/04/01-03:15:16 PM Z

I'm having the same trouble with a batch of Arches Platine purchased
recently from Profoto Paris. Its the first time I've had trouble with
Platine but I'm told that some regular users give it a prewash as part of
their normal printing procedure. Sounds like a lot of work but it is
beautiful paper.
Thinking about the spots, I began to wonder if my brush cleaning procedure
was adequate or was I getting some contamination from the brushes. I have
heard of people using a clearing solution to clean their brushes with. Has
anyone had any experience with EDTA or sulfite as a brush cleaner?
Neal