Silly Nonsense (OH HECK)

From: Terry King (kingnapoleon@hotmail.com)
Date: 06/11/01-09:29:45 AM Z

This silly topic has raised more interest than
any aspects of photography that have been posted to the list.

I set MY list (http://www.hands-on-pictures.com )as a refuge for those who
are tired of the flame wars and stupid politicking that had gone on here
which had driven many sensible people from discussion on the net. The
politicking has involved hate mail,campaigns of lies and denigration and
agents provocateur, acting under pseudonyms, who have even gone so far as to
invite me to 'eliminate a certain
person from the face of the earth'. This last is now in the hands of the
police.

The objective here was to provide a forum for those who wished to discuss
the making of pictures using alternative processes and the history of the
processes free from the mindless silliness of critical theory and constant
concentration on process without reference to the objective. This sort of
thing led to the demise of the photohst list where Nadeau, who is
responsible for a fair proportion of this nonsense, took the opportunity to
spread more lies about me before it closed.

We all know that the net is an unregulated jungle which demands a level of
civilised behaviour if it is to work. It is certainly more satisfying to
concentrate one's efforts on making pictures.

Terry