Re: RPS Announcement

From: Marc Bruhat (bruhat@magic.fr)
Date: 06/21/01-03:52:23 PM Z

Congratulations dick!

marc

----- Original Message -----
From: Richard Sullivan FRPS <richsul@earthlink.net>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca>
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 5:08 PM
Subject: RPS Announcement

I am a bit overwhelmed by all of this.

It has just been announced that I have been made an Honorary Fellow of the
Royal Photographic Society. It has been no secret that I am proud to be a
Fellow of the RPS but this goes beyond any expectations.

I will be in London in October to receive the award and hope to meet any
Brits on the List and my discussion group who may be there.

Those of you who know anything about the operations at Bostick & Sullivan
are well aware that my wife Melody Bostick is integral part of the
operation and without her efficient management of the corporation, I'd have
little time to spend on my own work or doing research. The award also
belongs to her.

I have enjoyed working with and being part of the Royal Photographic
Society. Founded in 1853, it is the oldest photographic organization in
world. The Society welcomes membership from all over the world, even
members from former rebellious colonies.

Without the widespread acceptance of alternative photography there would be
no award, so in a real sense, it is an award recognizing the renewed
importance of the art and technology of alternative photography.

If one is turned off by the thought that a British learned society has to
be snooty and stuffy think again. The RPS is refreshingly not so. Many of
its members are amateurs whose goal is nothing more than making pictures
and enjoying them. However many, like Jill Freedman, who is also receiving
an Honorary Fellowship this year, are long time professionals with an
extensive exhibition and publishing history. There is a place for everyone
and I invite those here to join.

--Dick Sullivan