Re: correction re book price

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 06/21/01-12:43:22 PM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:

> Well! I suppose that dictionary spells the possessive of "it" as "it's."
> Some dictionaries have no standards at all !

Totally offtopic, but I once bought an electronic typewriter that had a
diabolical feature where if you spelled something "wrong" it would stop
and refuse to type further until the mistake was corrected. (I've always
said it's a bad idea to let machines make decisions.) One thing it would
not allow was spelling "its" without an apostrophe. Needless to say,
that typewriter went back where it came from in a day or so.

Katharine