RE: grounding fluorescents

From: ken watson (watsok@frii.com)
Date: 06/21/01-09:38:03 PM Z

As for standard fixtures being grounded...

There is usually a removable cap that is right under the tubes. If you think
about it, this cover is painted. The paint can insulate electrically. I
suspect that the striking of an arc inside of the tube could depend on
capacative coupling so it may not be an issue if the cover is grounded. I
think most fixtures have the main body wired to the ground pin.