RE: Pyro and staining

From: ken watson (watsok@frii.com)
Date: 06/24/01-01:17:04 PM Z

Mike,

>From using Pyro I agree generally with what you are saying . But then the
question with the gelatin folks is why do they want the stain if it is NOT
associated with the image / silver in the emulsion?. This was my point of
asking the question as I know a lot of folks who do use Pyro are on this
list. I seem to remember there was some discussion about IF the stain was
associated with the image and I think the fact that Pyro stain is not
present in Collodion is a data point that says Pyro is only staining the
gelatin and really has no correlation with the image.
I would like to hear counter discussion as to why this is not good info or
there is something I am overlooking.