Re: Experimental Portrait Photography exhibit available

From: ADavidhazy (ANDPPH@ritvax.isc.rit.edu)
Date: 06/24/01-08:39:26 PM Z

> On Sun, 24 Jun 2001, ADavidhazy wrote:
> > I have put together a small exhibition of peripheral portraits made with an
> > improvised linear array digital camera and printed with an Epson ink-jet

> What are peripheral portraits?

Judy,

Good question. They are photographs that encompass a person's head from all
angles. Imagine an reproduction of the features of a person's head if that
person's head were inked up and rolled on a piece of paper ... like a printing
press. You'd ultimately get too see al the features 'round the head in a single
glance or view.

Unfortunately a person's head is not a regular cylinder and it is hard to
rotate around a fixed point so various kinds of "distorion" enter into the
final images. Your best bet is to take a look at the samples provided on the
cited webpage: http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/davidhazy.html
or a bunch of them at: http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/travel-exhibit.html

Andy Davidhazy
andpph@rit.edu