Re: CO Detectors: WAY off topic

From: Richard Sullivan FRPS (richsul@earthlink.net)
Date: 06/26/01-10:37:51 AM Z

Katharine,

Not far off topic at all. Darkrooms are often built in out of the way
places like garages and barns, etc. They are often unheated and cold. They
are also rather poorly ventilated and sealed up pretty well. No windows,
etc. Mine for a time was in my unheated garage and I had only a very small
electrical circuit and the electrical heater kept blowing the fuse so I
used a kerosene heater. I knew the CO problem was a possibility but I
figured that using only to warm the place up a bit was safe. Wrong. I
started getting pounding headaches. Oops. It can be deadly as you know.

Cheers.

--Dick