Re: Shooting for Alternative Processes

From: Karen McCall Pengra (mcpeng@bitstream.net)
Date: 06/26/01-12:06:00 PM Z

Hi Ernestine,
I just want to thank you for asking the question! It's a good one, and I am
enjoying reading the thoughts it has elicited...true "artist statements"
but with out all the "artist" and "statement"
Thank you to all who have responded--perhaps I'll give it a go later today...
Karen
I lost your original question, Ernestine, care to restate it?

(snip)
> Joe, at what point do you begin to have a sense of the image you want to
> create?
> And Gary, would you agree that there is a huge distinction between
technique
> and process? We so often discuss techniques on this list but for me
> alternative processes is more than technique....it's another way of
> approaching the construction of a visual image using photography. And much
> too often do we get carried away with the technique and/or subject matter
> omitting the soul of the image. How do we pump our blood back into an
image?
> Ernestine

Karen McCall Pengra
McCall Pengra Design, Inc.