Re: Hand coating etc.

From: Nick Makris (nick@mcn.org)
Date: 06/26/01-03:52:18 PM Z

I retract my original implication relative to the sender of these messages.
Several factors made me feel that way, however, it appears that the actual
sender is located in Great Britain or there abouts.

In reality, it appears that the real Callie (if one can use such a
reference) is also located in the same time zone as Callie Tripe. That
makes the confession from Callie Type >>>>>>>>Who am I? Why, I am Deborah
Johnson, wife and mother of three. Born in Olympia Washington, and living
now in SOUTH BEND, INDIANA.<<<<<<<< a complete lie. It also makes me think
that both are one in the same person

I bothered to check my archived Kallitype posts to see if there were any
from "Callie Type" and only found the following posted on March 11, 2001:

<<<<<
One more comment, before I depart back into lurkerland. You mention,

"One expert says develop for a minimum period of time, another says you need
to develop for 6-10 minutes. One says clear for 2 minutes, another
recommends 10-15 minutes. It would really be useful for experts like
yourself and Callie Type to clarify some of the issues inherent in these
contradictory recommendations."

I acidify my developer with Citric Acid - handfuls of it. Deveopment is
instantaneous, but I let it continue for at least 5 minutes. It is my
understanding that the developer continues to work on the highlights, even
though the effect isn't readily visiable. It is when I rush the development
that I experience problems.

After printing Platinum and Paladium, I find Kallitype to be refreshing. It
isn't always easy, and like any silver process it demands a degree of care
in the fix and wash process, but unless your well-heeled, you will feel more
than a pang of regret throwing a 16 X 20 inch Platinum print into the trash.
  With Kallitype, it becomes much easier!

BTW, there are only three posters on this list who have posted meaningful
information relative to the Kallitype process and who also post from the
same time zone as Callie Type. They shall remain anonymous for the moment.

One other name came up who has been the source of name controversy in the
past and who also uses hotmail.com - that person has been quiet recently.
However, that person also posts from the same time zone.

More to follow.

Nick