Ri:Re: Hydrogen Peroxide Warning

alnovo@inwind.it
Date: 03/01/01-03:01:29 AM Z

> the
> instability of the peroxide made precise measurements of the strength of a
> given solution difficult, hence compromised control of the *process.*
>
> Judy

I agree. The hairdressers measure the effect of H2O2 at sight, and are not concerned about its "true" concentration, that several times might be less than half the original.
I think this is a very delicate question for its use in photography. Will we need to resign ourselves to the ancient practise of trial-and-error? Or a more stable substitute might be used, like persulphate?

Alberto