Re: Large negatives for gum printing

From: Christina Z. Anderson (tracez@mcn.net)
Date: 03/02/01-08:40:42 AM Z

<snip>

 Freestyle (from US, but has website) sells lith film that's orthochromatic
> that makes a pretty fair continuous tone negative in dilute developer.
> Judy

     I just bought my first pack of Arista halftone film (APH), 11x14, $65 a
box of 100. Compared to the Kodak S032 that I used to always use (new
number now, tho) it is super cheap--65 cents an 11z14 compared to $5 an
8x10!! However, never having used this new film, does anyone have tips for
me? I bought the Clayton Extended plus developer to use with it. I will be
doing the negatives from Pyro negs and some non pyro negs, and wanting them
for palladium and gum.
     Oh, and would this be my best option for enlarged film negs?
Chris