Re: Copyright Law Violation - was Re: book

From: Diana Bloomfield (dlhbloom@mindspring.com)
Date: 03/06/01-10:44:41 AM Z

Yes..I think 'fair use' is not all that clear cut. My own experience is with
one particular article someone wrote about photography -- more philosophical
than a 'how to.' The article appeared in a small magazine that most
university libraries, nor indeed, public libraries would have. I happen to
know the author of the piece and so did get permission to give to students, but
yes..common sense absolutely should apply in these cases. Don't know if anyone
read the part on 'fair use' about the use of slides of artwork that are often
shown to classes. The way I read it, that's a slippery slope too.

--Diana