New Cyanotypes??

From: Lukas Werth (lukas.werth@rz.hu-berlin.de)
Date: 03/09/01-03:35:27 AM Z

First I would like to apologize for my stupid mistake in my last posting:
the author of "Beyond the Zone System" is of course Phil Davis.

I have been dabbing with cyanotyps lately, but with my pyro negs, prints
take next to eternity to expose. As I am a mere mortal, Mike Ware's
assertions about faster speed with New Cyanotypes sound interesting to me,
as do his remarks about the greater tonal range of New Cyanotypes.
However, I do not have ammonium dichromate handy, only potassium dichomate.
Can this be substituted, if yes, can someone tell me in which proportion?
Also, what does the dichromate in the sensitizer anyway? Raise contrast?
If anybody has, on- or off-list, some further hints for me concerning this
process, I would be grateful.

Lukas