RE: my glorious little

From: Jonathan Bailey (quryhous@midcoast.com)
Date: 03/12/01-08:44:07 AM Z

Greetings,

> that some people had claimed WHF Talbot hadn't INVENTED photography
because > he used prior research

> Putting this valuable information together, Herschel created... a
> collection of processes.... But invention is usually complex and usually >
includes contributions of others...."

I think it can be said that to be a good artist one must necessarily be a
good thief. Not wanton and malicious cannibalism, but in the sense of
paying attention to how others have addressed and solved problems. We take
the parts we need where we find them and end up constructing a very personal
synthesis....

None of us work in a vacume. Who would want to?

Ciao - JB