Re: Reversal Negatives, was Direct negatives from slides

From: KEMAL DELIC (deli@swipnet.se)
Date: 03/26/01-01:39:15 PM Z

Sandy,

If you print from the slide film, you are right. Dark slide corners
combined with weak corner light of the enlarger lens will give you
lighter negative corners, or darker final positive corners.

But, if you print from the negative film, you are wrong.
Light negative corners combined with weak corner light of the
enlarger lens should give you the corners with more "normal"
density on the positive film. THEN YOU REVERSE ALL THE
TONES in the reversal bath to get a negative with corresponding
tones. With this negative you can make a final positive with
"normal" corners.

My negatives made with Liamīs reversal process donīt have dark
corners and are dust free.

Regards,
Kemal

-------