Re: Bostick & Sullivan Circle Jerk

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 05/02/01-02:16:24 PM Z

On Wed, 2 May 2001, Callie Type wrote:

> Sorry about that last post. I was kidding, and it was in poor taste.

Actually Callie, what was "in poor taste" was the assumption that boys do
girl "nudes," and/or the implication that "nude" means naked lady. (Unless
the question about "first time" assumes male nude, which somehow I doubt.)
In any event, by drawing attention to the issue you do some folks a favor.
There are probably a bunch who don't know that the premise is, well, let's
call it an idea whose time has gone. Of course they may bull on through,
which is their privilege. Others, however, giving the matter some thought
might appreciate a heads-up, so to speak: in more sophisticated circles,
the convention is, um, declasse'.

Asking about the "first time", not to mention the leering tone, surely
admits that the practice is charged... whatever the claims of innocence.
We can but hope that this is not the Bostick & Sullivan Circle at its
best. Happily, the answers that arrived on alt-photo were quite a few cuts
above.

And no, I'm not going to enter into the argument again, but only say as
I've said before, I have no objection to porn, soft soft, hard hard, or
medium, just truth in labelling please.

Judy