Re: Uranotypes (uranium prints)

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 05/08/01-11:41:00 AM Z

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Robert W. Schramm wrote:

> > > I am also looking for a source of uranium nitrate. If you have some
> and
> > > would like to sell it or know of a company selling it, please let me

With your university connection you can probably get some, no longer so
easy. 20 years ago I bought 10 (or maybe it was 25) grams uranium nitrate
from Fischer Scientific for $25. In a recent search I found that likely
sources said they no longer carried it, not for the danger, but because of
public perception -- folks thought it was like a nuclear reactor and just
wasn't worth the hassle.

Judy