Re: Where can I get sodium dichromate?

From: Sandy King (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Date: 05/12/01-12:11:28 AM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:

>Exact strength apparently does matter with carbon printing, since you (I
>think ) only do one coat, no later modifications) and also (as I
>understand) develop is more or less pre-set, no wiggle room... (And note
>that even with one-coat gum, development is infinitely variable.)

Yes, usually I am doing only one coat, though two or more is possible when
using double transfer procedures. And yes, develoment is more or less
pre-set, though I can adjust for overexposoure of up to about two steps by
increasing the temperature of the develoopment bath and/or adding an
alkali to the water (this softens the gelatin and opens it up allowing the
pigment to get out). Use of an alkali might also work with gum?

Sandy King