Re: Process Colours for Gum

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 05/11/01-06:55:57 AM Z

Peter Fredrik wrote:

> I use a bank of iron gallium point source lights which are very hot, very actinic
> and very fast my normal exposure is in the region of 60secs I am sure you are right
> in your assumptions. Incidentally I have found that the Chromic oxidation stain
> only starts to appear when the exposure is twice the minimum required to make the
> coating insoluble this seems to hold out for egg PVA. and gum.

Thanks, this supports my previous observations.

> What we have here is a problem of semantics. I don't think it is important what
> things are called as long as the majority understand the terminology.

Maybe so, but since they are different compounds, why not call them by
their actual names, wouldn't that be less confusing? I think your
"chromic oxide" designation is in the right direction; I myself will
call it chromium oxide and be done with it.

Take care,
Katharine