Re: Digitan(sic) Negs - Digital archiving

bmaxey1@juno.com
Date: 05/14/01-02:25:46 PM Z

>>The problem of CD vulnerability is often discussed,in heated debates in

>>lists similar to this one. Common advice is to quality media (not the
$.35
>>spindled junk) and store the CDs in the dark.

Have you ever noticed inconsistency from brand to brand? I have some that
refuse to write and some that always work. I do use the less costly ones
because I have yet to have any major issues. They do occur from time to
time.

I agree that you need to purchase the best quality, but at that, there
are no promises.

Quite frankly, it should scare the heck out of people who store large
files on a CD. Especially when you consider that with a hundred or less
little disks, you can (and often do) store everything you have created.
With one simple technical problem, you can loose everything.

B.