"Become a camera"

From: Jean Burdett (jburdett@chariot.net.au)
Date: 05/14/01-07:08:36 PM Z

"let the subject become it's own photograph. Become a camera'

o.k. here's my interpretation. Im not
familiar with his work, so i may have barked up a wrong tree. "Let the subject become its own photograph" =Capture a subject (rather than create an image). This would appear to be a rejection of more abstract approaches. "Become a camera" = Work in a controlled methodical way,as if you are an extension of the camera,treating yourself as being subordinate to the proccess. This could also reflect a certain . approach to life in general.
,

Thats interpretion and not an expression of my own values, by the way.Obscure metaphors rock my world.

Birdie :) :) :).