Re: Digital Negs - Gentle Rebuttal

bmaxey1@juno.com
Date: 05/15/01-02:06:48 AM Z

>>Just as acrylics did not obliterate
>>oils, and pastels have not made charcoal extinct, film and wet darkroom
>>procedures will still remain.

If you think about, can you name anything that has gone away because a
new idea comes along to take over and supplant it? I can't. Somewhere,
there are people doing things the old way and flourishing at it, even
though technology might have found a faster approach.

Sewing Machines once spelled doom for all the people who sewed by hand,
and the cry was that the machine will cause a widespread loss of jobs.
Some crafts people went away because they refused to learn, but the
machines actually generated many more manufacturing jobs required to
produce the machines and supply the suppliers.

I know digital will grow, but I refuse to personally usher in the digital
age.. Certainly that has to be ok.

B.

B.